The Village – An intergenerational, social-inclusion model to realize healthy aging.
The Village Collective Impact Project works collaboratively with seniors (people aged 55 and over), stakeholders and caregivers, community organizations and agencies in the Nipissing Parry Sound districts, to focus on developing new models of healthy ageing and inclusion efforts aimed at improving outcomes of seniors and Indigenous seniors living in northern Ontario. The project is centered on a common agenda and mobilization framework.
Goal of the Project
- Increase social participation and social inclusion of seniors
- Improve well-being and quality of life of seniors
- Increase and expand programming, services, supports, spiritual practices, and activities available to seniors and families/caregivers
- Strengthen partnerships and networks
- Improve community connectedness and referrals to social inclusion initiatives for seniors and families/caregivers
- Increase integration and interaction between seniors and young professionals
- Increase sense of belonging and inclusion amongst seniors in their community
- Improve regional capacity to coordinate and leverage community resources for maximum reach and impact to seniors and families/caregivers
How you can get involved
There are many ways to get involved:
- Become a member of the Steering Committee (1-2 hours per month)
- Participate in PhotoVoice – 8 week project
- Become a collaborating organization and grant recipient
- Volunteer or participate in various initiatives
The time commitment to be involved could be 1 hour, one time, up to regular monthly involvement. There are no barriers to being involved…if you want to be involved, we will help make it happen.
With funds from the Government of Canada, New Horizons for Seniors Program the Village is launching several initiatives to support seniors during the COVID-19 outbreak.
For More Information
Project Manager – Village Collective Impact Project
705.474.7600 ext. 7989