Student Success Resource Centre offers a variety of services to students registered with SSS
- Alternative Format: Do you require course material in an alternative format? We support the conversion of textbooks and other course material into alternative formats.
- Laptop Loans: We offer loan of laptops loaded with Assistive Technology as well as software used in your program of study.
- Technical Support: Need help setting up and configuring you Assistive Technology? Experiencing general issues or have general questions?
Security Precautions for Online and Email Registration
We would like to emphasize that sending documents online or by email is not completely secure. We strongly suggest that you send us your documents password protected to ensure confidentiality. If you are choosing to password protect your documents, please be sure to send us the password to open the documents in a separate email. If you have never password protected a document before, please review the following:
Virtual Support for Students in Math
Support is available for students studying mathematics this fall through a virtual platform. Help with navigating remote delivery platforms including The Pulse App, becoming familiar with virtual meeting platforms being used in math courses. Learning to scan and upload documents. As well as assistance in:
- Navigating new remote delivery platforms
- Learning to scan and upload documents
- How to access important information such as policies/procedures, bursaries, course outlines, student support and services
- Importance of reliable contact information
- Becoming more familiar with virtual meeting platforms
- The Pulse App
- Assisting students remotely with troubleshooting
- Working with students virtually
Students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and additional help.
Writing Assistance Help Desk is Here!
Are you a professor whose students require additional assistance with written projects? Now you can refer them to Canadore’s new Writing Assistance Help Desk we are piloting this semester.
Are you a student who wants to work on becoming a more confident academic writer? Canadore’s Writing Assistance Help Desk’s goal is to help all Canadore students with acquiring the writing skills they need to succeed in college and beyond.
To make an individual appointment, e-mail email@example.com and set up a time to meet with a writing instructor over Zoom.
Writing Assistance Help Desk will also host drop-in Zoom sessions every Friday from 12-2pm for any Canadore student who needs quick assistance. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and links.