Centre for Career Development
Welcome to The Centre! We are pleased to offer programs and services designed to enhance your student and Alumni experiences through career readiness, employment resources, experiential learning events and volunteer opportunities.
Once a Canadore Alumni, always a Canadore Alumni! We also provide LIFETIME employment support for all our past graduates.
We are now offering services remotely, with limited social distancing in-person appointments. In person appointments will be decided on an individual basis by the CCD team.
To learn how to increase your employability skills and connect with employers, book a virtual appointment with us:
Please call 705-474-7600 ext. 5143 or email email@example.com and we will get you scheduled.
We can assist with:
- Employment Documents: creating or updating resumes, cover letters, portfolio review
- Job Search Supports: how to job search, electronic application systems, navigating job fairs
- Interview Preparation: mock interviews, practice questions, what to bring
- Networking: how to get connected, using LinkedIn, creating an elevator pitch
- Entrepreneurship Support: learn from successful community business partners how to start up
- Volunteer Opportunities: community opportunities to build your skills and civic responsibility
- Mentorship: connecting our Alumni and students to those that “have been there, done that”.
Our annual face-to-face events are taking a pause for now, but stay tuned for new virtual recruitment opportunities and networking sessions to connect you with hiring employers and buff up your skills.
Keep checking our events page for upcoming details.
Employers are hiring! Visit our online Job Portal, exclusive to Canadore for opportunities near and far.
Virtual Job Fair - November 2020
Thursday, November 5th: 1:30 – 2:30 pm
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Canadore Work Study Program
- Maximum of 10 hours per week at minimum wage
- Works around your academic schedule
- Students must have demonstrated financial need to qualify for the work study program
- Positions start in late September / early October
- Peer tutoring positions available
- Eligibility link will be available when program is open for application
On Campus Jobs
iCanWork (Summer Employment)
- Must be returning for the next Fall semester and must have a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 (or higher) for this year
- Maximum 15 weeks of employment between May and August
- 35 hours a week at minimum wage
- Student must meet eligibility criteria to be able to apply for this program
- Eligibility link will be available when program is open for applications
Ten Thousand Coffees
This Canadore College Alumni and Friends Mentorship Program is an online networking program that matches students/recent grads with alumni/working professionals.
If you are between the ages of 18 – 29 and want to start or grow your own business, or have a business idea and require resources or education to take it to the next step, we are here to help!
The Business Centre
The Business Centre is a not for profit organization that offers information, programs, training and resources to entrepreneurs, start-ups and expanding businesses in the districts of Nipissing and Parry Sound.