Frequently Asked Questions

Admission requirements listed on each program page.

Looking for more information? Fill out our online form here 

If you want to study in Canada, you must meet some important immigration requirements. You may require both a Study Permit and a Temporary Visitor Visa (TRV). Study Permit is issued by an Immigration Officer. It allows you to come to or remain in Canada to take:

  • An English as a Second Language Program of more than three months;
  • An academic, professional or vocational training program at an approved college, university or other institution.

Study Permits and Temporary Visitor Visas are not issued from within Canada. You must apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) which is located in your nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate. Citizenship and Immigration Canada is a Canadian government department and operates independently with no connections to any Canadian educational institution. Official information on requirements for a student authorization may be obtained from a CIC office in Canada, a Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate, and/or on their website at

In order to qualify for a Study Permit, you must first receive a letter of acceptance and an International Student Acceptance Information form from the College. After you have been accepted for a course of study, you must present this letter and form to the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate to complete your application for a Study Permit and a Temporary Visitor Visa. An officer there will tell you how to proceed and the documents required, such as:

  • Acceptance letter and acceptance information form from Canadore College
  • Receipt from the college for your confirming deposit
  • Evidence of your good character and, if applicable, a letter from your sponsor
  • Evidence of adequate funds to live and study in Canada for the duration of your program, including return transportation
  • Certificate of medical clearance
  • Your valid passport

Looking for more information? Fill out our online form here

Students can expect applications to open approximately 4-5 months in advance. Please note that these dates may vary so always check in advance. Email for  more information

Looking for more information? Fill out our online form here

Typically it can take 1 day to 1 week depending on the volume of applications at the time.

No. International students will have to apply for financial assistance from their home country.

Please check out available scholarships for International students here

Flywire for International Students

Canadore College has partnered with Flywire to offer international students and their families an easy and affordable way to pay for their tuition and fees.

Flywire is a secure method of payment that allows you to track your payment from start to finish. Through this service you can pay your tuition and fees from any country and any bank– often in your home country currency, which allows you to save on bank fees. To use this service you will be asked to create an account on the Flywire website with your basic personal information.

Students who have paid by FLYWIRE will have their refund returned by FLYWIRE.  There is a $35.00 admin fee for this.

How to make a payment

Step 1: Go to Canadore’s payment portal ( to enter the amount you owe and the country you will be paying from.
Step 2: Select your payment option and payment type.
Step 3: Create a Flywire account or log in to your existing account. Enter basic information to initiate your payment booking.
Step 4: Review and confirm your payment.
Step 5: Follow your payment instructions to send funds to Flywire.

Note: Payment instructions are only valid for one payment. If you wish to make another payment to Canadore, please initiate a new booking.

Step 6: Track your payment by logging into your Flywire account at any time. Receive text and email status updated each step of the way, including a confirmation when your payment has been delivered to Canadore College.

Important links

How to send a payment from India:

Best Price Guarantee:

Need help? Contact Flywire’s multilingual customer support!
Toll-Free: 1-800-346-9252 | Email:

Please Note:

Wires are not an approved payment method.  A $50 administrative fee and any additional bank fees will be charged to the student’s account and deducted from all incoming wire payments, which may result in additional payments being required on the student’s account.

Looking for more information? Fill out our online form here

You will include all of your documents when you apply. The originals will be verified once you arrive in Canada. 

Looking for more information? Fill out our online form here

Tuition fees are listed under every program. Search our programs here.

Looking for more information? Fill out our online form here

Education for Canadian students who are studying in Canada is subsidized by the provincial government and its taxpayers. International students do not pay provincial taxes, so they are  not eligible for subsidies and must pay the full cost of tuition. 

For those attending Canadore College’s North Bay campuses you will be met at the North Bay airport. Students studying in Toronto can make arrangements to be met at Pearson International Airport.

Looking for more information? Fill out our online form here

We recommend students studying in North Bay to live in our Residence facilities. Residence is a great way to meet new people and make lifelong friends. Canadore offers the newest residences in Ontario and we are one of the only college residences in Ontario to offer full kitchens. We have three apartment-style residences in North Bay that accommodate 675 students located at the bottom of College Drive. Our secure complexes are wheelchair accessible. Learn more

We do not offer residence facilities in the Toronto area.

Looking for more information? Fill out our online form here

Yes, you may apply after completing your first semester at the college for which your study permit was issued.

Looking for more information? Fill out our online form here