Personal Support Worker Program - Wikwemikong, Ontario
One Year - Ontario College Certificate
Come Grow With Us!
Canadore College in partnership with Wikwemikong Nursing Home and Wii-ni n’guch-tood L.M.S. Wikwemikong Nursing Home is growing with the building of a new home.
Local training is provided as more staff will be required.
Geared to community members who want to upgrade their skills and gain or maintain their employment as a personal support worker in the community. The program will include a remote delivery model with phased portions of in-class, hands-on labs and community placements. PSWs are highly sought-after as health care providers, working under a regulated health professional or in a supported independent living environment.
Possible Career Opportunities:
- Wikwemikong Nursing Home
- Wikwemikong Health Centre
- Other Home Care Agencies
- OSSD -Compulsory English (ENG4C or ENG4U) OR
- Equivalent Grade 12 - MST can be written online
- A completed Canadore College Health Centre form including medical history, immunization record, Hepatitis B vaccination, and a two-step Tuberculosis (TB) test is required.
- A police check may be required for the placement component.
Interim Manager, Community Based & Contract Training
First Peoples' Centre
Tel: 705.474.7600 ext. 5366/5647
Start Date: August 2021
Completion Date: March 2022
Location: Wiikwemikoong Unceded Territory, Manitoulin Island
Books & Supplies: Provided