iCanLead Program Application Form
In 2017, Canadore College and Canadore Students’ Council initiated peer-to-peer leadership development with the iCanLead Student Leadership Team. The leadership program brings students together from different cultures and empowers them to become better local and regional citizens.
We are currently seeking students that would like to participate in the leadership program for the 2022.23 academic year. Please submit your application by September 23, 2022.
OUR LEARNING FRAMEWORK
Participate in simulations, team challenges and discussions to discover new information and different perspectives. This process is defined in our Theory of Change, and it applies three key focal points to guide participants in the exploration of leadership development, social justice education, and civic duty. The focal points are: issue education, skill development and action planning.
Picture yourself as a student leader!
- Improve participants’ leadership skills to become active agents of change within campus and broader community
- Develop campus-and-community development action plans and create positive change
- Develop student leadership capacity
- Canadore College has been working to develop custom modules and case studies for the program that are reflective of Canada’s diverse cultures, traditions and knowledge, and will cover additional themes like anti-bullying, creating a caring and positive campus culture, active citizenship and more.
Sustainable Development Goals
The Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs) are a collection of 17 global goals set by the United Nations General Assembly and are adopted by countries around the world.
We are seeking students who are interested in getting involved and becoming a leader.
2022-2023 iCanLead Student Leadership Team
Hello everyone, my name is Alex Mathew. I am pursuing a diploma in Avionics Maintenance at Canadore College and I am President of Canadore Students’ Council. Being President is a big responsibility to understand and work with your fellow mates. iCan Lead has helped me to be a good leader and enhance the essential qualities that a leader should have. I feel that it is an amazing platform for students to learn the qualities that a leader should have.
Hi, my name is Jessica Crook. I am a second year in the Environmental Technician- Protection and Compliance Program. I am excited to participate in ICan Lead this year to help promote a better experience for Canadore students, especially with it being the first back, year in person
Hello, I am Madison Sutherland, Vice President of Operations for Canadore Students’ Council. "I am thrilled to be on this year's iCanLead team. I hope to learn and talk about sustainable ideas with Canadore College, and share advice on how to be environmentally conscious."
I am Jessica McMullen, a graduate of Nipissing University (BA English with Gender Equality & Social Justice minor), Canadore College (Recording Engineering - Music Production) and a current student in Canadore College's Project Management Post-Graduate Certificate Program. I am a disabled woman in the 2SLGBTQIA+ community and it is my second year as an iCanLead member. I have been working on developing Canadore College's first ever EDI task force. This year, I hope to continue my humanitarian passions through the lenses of UN's SDG's, focusing on the intersections of sustainable environmental change and systemic societal issues that affect both myself and other communities.
Hello Canadore, my name is Zacharie Lebel, don't be shy to call me Zach as I prefer it. I am from Temiscaming, Quebec and I am fluent in both English and French. I love music, video games and socializing. I can’t wait to help the Sustainable Canadore project and learn how to be a better leader.
Bonjour Canadore, je m'appelle Zacharie Lebel, mais n'hésitez pas à m'appeler Zach comme je le préfère. Je viens de Témiscaming, Québec et je parle couramment l'anglais et le français. J’aime la musique, les jeux vidéo et socialiser. J’ai très hâte d’aider le projet Sustainable Canadore et d’apprendre à être un meilleur leader.
Ishmael Van Der Rassel
My name is Ish (Ishmael Van Der Rassel). I am a first-year student at Canadore College and I am studying Office Administration. I have many years of involvement within the community, such as serving as the Youth Representative on the North Bay Métis Council, where I had the responsibility of engaging Métis youth within the region, on who Métis people are and the history of the culture.
I have also had the pleasure of working as a communications assistant on a local project committee, that involved the creation of the first ever Métis time capsule to preserve the Métis culture, and history for future generations to come.
I look forward to getting involved within the Canadore community, and being part of a dynamic team in the iCanLead Team.
My name is Makenna Quizon and I am excited to be a part of the iCan Lead Team this year! I am in the second year of the Environmental Technician program and I am a bird lover who can name bird calls!
My name is Sameer Al-Jabawi. I am from Syria and study the Engineering of Technological Mechanics and I am a member of the iCAN lead student leadership team. My hobbies are writing, football, traveling and exploring historical places.
I have previous volunteer experience with many international organizations in Jordan and I believe that volunteer work is a way to develop experiences and help the renaissance of society.
Being on the team this year will be a great experience and it will be an opportunity to give my best.
- Tessa Alyman (2017-18)
- Isabelle Amyotte (2018-19)
- Bridget Anca (2017-19)
- Allison Armstrong (2017-18)
- Emily Ayotte (2017-18)
- Trevor Beard (2017-18)
- Sylvie Beaulne (2017-18)
- Heather Bonney (2018-19)
- Kaitlynn Canning - Outstanding Participation Award (2019-20)
- Julia Chaisson (2021-22)
- Nick Chaisson (2017-18)
- Julia Champoux (2018-19)
- Robin Chokomolin (2017-18)
- Eleisha Collins - Senior Leader, Outstanding Senior Leader Award, Outstanding Student Leader Award (2018-21)
- John Cooper (2018)
- Brandon Dadd (2019-20)
- Olivia Doucette (2017-18)
- Sarah Duquette (2018-19)
- Robyn Emmerson (2020-21)
- Amanda Gambell (2017-18)
- Tiffaney Ganci (2018-19)
- Brianna Gardner (2018-19)
- Kathleen Garvey (2017-18)
- Mikaela Goertz (2018-19)
- Clint Gore (2019-20)
- Kenzie Halliday (2019-20)
- Jason Harris (2017-18)
- Tori Hawke (2018-19)
- Susie Henault (2020-21)
- Cory Hobbs (2019-20)
- Madi Irvine (2020-21)
- D'Shawn Johnson (2018-19)
- Shawn Jones Jr. – Senior Leader (2017-19)
- Michelle Lachance (2019-20)
- Noah Landry (2021-22)
- Bradley Laughlin (2018-20)
- Josee Lefebvre – Senior Leader, Outstanding Senior Leader Award, Outstanding Leader Award, (2017-20)
- Justin Leybourne (2018-19)
- Apoena Lima – Outstanding Student Leader Award (2020-21)
- Madie Mancini – Senior Leader, Outstanding Participation Award, (2017-19)
- Ryan Mason (2017-18)
- Alex Mathew (2021-22)
- Jessica McMullen (2021-22)
- Molly McNamara (2018)
- Toddrick Metzger (2017-18)
- Sharmarke Mohamed (2018-19)
- Sarah Moyer (2018-19)
- Conor Nesbitt –Outstanding Leader Award (2018-19)
- Adele Orr (2017-18)
- Jaclyn Paddison (2017-18)
- Zoe Prest (2017-18, 2019-20)
- Shane Pringle (2018-19)
- Angela Proudfoot – Senior Leader (2017-19)
- Alec Quade (2020-21)
- Mark Reed - Outstanding Leader Award (2017-18)
- Janna Rose (2019-20)
- Jaden Roy (2019-20)
- Jenny Smith (2018)
- Chantel St. Amour - Outstanding Leader Award (2017-18)
- Samantha St. Pierre - (Senior Leader 2020-21)
- Makenna Stack - Outstanding Leader Award (Senior Leader 2020-22)
- Dorwin Strang (2018-19)
- Curtis Tilbury (2019-20)
- Austin Tverdal - (Senior Leader 2020-21), (member 2019-20)
- Ursula Ullrich (2018-19)
- Abbie Verch (2019-20)
- Emiley Watson (2021-22)
- Nathan Williams (2019-20)
- Alia Woodward (2017-18)