Nov 9, 2020
Canadore College offers its current students the opportunity to apply to part time work while they are enrolled in full time programs and full time summer work between academic years.
Work Study (P/T) and iCanWork (F/T) positions are provided by college departments who are able to offer roles and tasks that are directly related to your program so that:
- they encourage your self-development
- provide an educational component as a compliment to your program
- put you in a position to help another student (i.e. lab monitor)
- provide you a way of enhancing your resume in preparation for the transition to full-time, broader employment
- provide student income
- departments get extra help for special projects and tasks
Work Study positions are a maximum of 10 hours weekly and work around your academic schedule.
There are financial eligibility requirements to qualify for application to any of the positions:
- Your GPA must be above 2.0 from last semester to participate in the program
- You must be an Ontario resident as defined by OSAP -must have lived in Ontario for 12 consecutive months prior to have attended any full time post-secondary studies.
- You must not be receiving funding from Second Career or be an International Student, who enrolment is not reported for funding purposes for set aside assistance.
Peer Tutoring is also a great opportunity to highlight your strengths and help someone else while getting paid.
Full time iCanWork positions are during the summer and are a max of 15 weeks at 35 hours a week. Students must be between academic years and returning to Canadore in the fall semester. The same financial eligibility requirements apply.
Positions are posted on the Job Portal in early September and January for Work Study and in March for iCanWork summer program.
Want to see if you are eligible and what campus jobs we have to offer?